minky Outdoor Retractable Clothesline, 49', Gray

  • Easy to use retractable outdoor washing line
  • Stows neatly away when not in use
  • Fully retractable with UV stable protective casing
  • Clips off bracket for winter storage
  • Includes all wall fixings needed

This is so great. Super easy to set up. I just connect the cables to the first tree, pull the unit over to the next, put the pins in to secure it and then wrap the cable on itself to lock it from reeling out. Then I just do the reverse and bring it inside to keep it in good condition. I saved a bunch of money last summer hanging my clothes outside. I strung it almost the entire length (about 48ft for me). The max extended length is deceiving, it's about 49ft x 2 cables and that's how they claim the 98ft. But you wouldn't want to go much longer anyway because that's a lot of load on these cables. They are plenty durable, but I still try to hang heavy weat clothes on the ends first (like jeans and sweaters) and put light stuff towards the middle (like socks and under garments) if I make it that far. The 2 strings are somewhat close together, but I still use both and it works out just fine.

Really useful. We have mounted this on a fence, and then anchored hooks in 2 places so that the lines can go in 2 different directions. I a always careful to retract the lines slowly and not let them snap back. My previous similar line broke when snapped back so end of it's life!

When I absolutely have to hang everything in the household... Minky is there. Came quick, exactly as described, easy to install. And so far, effective, no dragging of my pillows in the horrible mud below.

You gotta hand it to the Brits. Their cleverness and practically really shines through in this deceptively simple device. This is no flimsy, plastic, el-cheapo, mass-produced, made-in-China POS, with a jacked-up price that works for a maybe week then ends up in the landfill. This is heavy and sturdy out of the box, made for years of use, with all included hardware and a strong metal mounting bracket with pin rods that allow the unit to be easily stored during inclement weather. The coated lines are hefty and retractable. I installed it in under ten minutes and am looking forward to drying my laundry in the fresh air, something I’ve not done since childhood. A great, back-to-basics product! Highly recommended!

This is the 3rd clothesline I have purchased and it rules. Really sturdy and the line is some strong plastic so it won't get wet. I use for dye projects so I can wipe it off afterwards and the string won't mold. Attached with 4 screws in the back so it is very sturdy and double the line means double the drying space. Seriously a solid helpful thing

I love this clothesline. It solved the problem of wanting a clothesline but needing a pick axe to install a permanent pole in our rocky soil. We mounted it on one of the columns on our back porch. I can pull it out to the next column for drying bathing suits and towels or pull it out into the yard and attach it to a hook on a tree for large loads like sheets. Takes a little knack to get it taut but once you figure that out, you're good to go. This was supposed to be a temporary fix until we could get a pole into the ground but I like it so much I've decided just to use this. Retracts easily and fully without any effort and guests don't notice it on the porch column when not in use.Had It for 8 months now.

Love this thing. I was thinking I'd have to place a permanent clothes line outside to dry laundry, and wasn't looking forward to digging post holes and trying to get the hanging lines TIGHT. I saw this and thought it might be worth a try - and it's MUCH better than expected. I mounted it to an existing fence post (at the very top) and mounted the hooks for the ends on a nearby (20 ft? away) tree. With a few tries I figured out how to get the lines TIGHT - and it's great that I can take it down when not in use. I've even had loads of towels drying on it -- though the lines bow a bit, it totally works. Like the instructions say, I retract the lines when not in use to prevent stretching and I actually have been bringing the whole unit inside to keep in nice and clean and hopefully last forever. I was skeptical, but I love it. I was dreading both installing and seeing a clothesline 24/7.

My husband was against putting more holes into our stucco. I insisted... SO.. it is up and I've been using it like crazy. Great when you want items to dry outside in the cool mornings and to have that outdoor clean fresh scent. I like you have two lines. They do stretch a bit once you put items on the line so you have to tighten it up once items are on and clipped. Mine is on the patio and I LOVE that you can completely remove the whole reel and put away out of the sun. This is better than me drapping bedding over patio furniture!

I bought this product in January 2012. It finally died today. It lived a good, long life and served me well. It got a lot of use and I had no complaints. The bottom tension brackets broke off after over 5 years of daily use. I will be buying another one.

I have mine posted between 2 trees in my yard. Its important to learn how to wrap the line on the receiver so that it stays taught, and sometimes I do have to play with it a bit, but I still love this thing! I had a hart time finding a unit that was just 2 lines. This one has been outside for 2 years, I live in Wisconsin so it sees natures extremes in both way too hot, and way too cold and its held up just fine. I highly recommend this product! Just make sure you understand how to wrap the lines at the bottom! I say that twice because its the difference between loving and hating this product!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happybuy Lightweight Emergency Ambulance Stretcher Alloy Emergency Medical Hospital Stretcher Wheeled Weight Capacity 350.5lbs Adjustable

Daily Gemini Horoscope August 27 (27/08)

Daily Aquarius Horoscope September 04 (04/09)